East Arkansas Community College has an open door policy for general college admission and offers equal educational opportunity to all persons without regard to race sex, creed, color, national origin, age, marital status, or disability.
Students enrolling at EACC for the first time may qualify for admission by any of the following methods:
- Graduation from high school.
- Satisfactory completion of the General Educational Development (GED) exam.
- Transferring credits earned from another college or university.
- Enrollment as a concurrent or dually enrolled high school student, contingent upon approval of the high school principal.
All students should have the following information on file in the Registrar's Office prior to registration. Additional documents may be required based on their admission status. Failure to submit all admission documents within 30 days of enrollment will result in the student being placed on grade and future registration holds.
- A completed Application for Admission.
- High school, GED, or college transcripts. A high school or GED transcript is required for those students with no previous college experience. Transfer students must provide official transcripts from all previously attended colleges.
- Proof of immunization against measles and rubella (MMR) if born on or after January 1, 1957. Arkansas state law requires that all full-time students born on or after January 1, 1957, must provide proof of immunization after 1968 against measles and rubella. EACC recommends current immunizations for all students. Immunization records may be obtained from the Health Department or from the student's high school or family physician.
- Placement test scores. Students who have not taken previous college classes in Math and English/Reading must provide an American College Testing (ACT) student profile report or Assessment of Skills for Successful Entry and Transfer (ACCUPLACER) scores. The ACCUPLACER test is offered on the EACC campus.