Skip to Main Content


Veterans Affairs

Veterans Affairs

Students who wish to use Veterans Administration (VA) Benefits must visit the VA Education and Training Website in order to determine eligibility. In some cases, students may be eligible for more than one VA Benefit and will have to make a selection based on what benefits them the most. Students who are eligible for more than one benefit should examine their options carefully before selecting the Post 9/11 or GI BILL® benefit, as this switch is irreversible. The different benefits active duty and reservists may qualify for are:

Complete the application for VA Education Benefits (22-1990) through

If you have a service-connected disability that limits your ability to work or prevents you from working, Veteran Readiness and Employment (formerly called Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment) can help. This program, also known as Chapter 31 or VR&E, will assist you in exploring employment options and address training needs. In some cases, your family members may also qualify for certain benefits. We encourage you to visit Veterans Readiness and Employment.

Step 1: Admissions

  • Complete the Online Application Process.
  • Send official transcript(s) directly to Office of Admissions from your college or high school/GED attended.
  • Provide immunization records proving 2 MMR shots if born after January 1, 1957, to the Office of Admissions.
  • Submit placement test scores from ACT, Accuplacer, COMPASS, and/or ASSET exams. 
  • If you have not taken one of the approved placement exams, please contact: EACC Forrest City 870.633.4480, Ext. 300; or Wynne 870.238.4593 and schedule your exam today! 

Step 2: Financial Aid


  • Students are strongly encouraged to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
  • Go to, EACC's school code is 012260.
  • Financial aid programs include scholarships, loans, and student employment opportunities. See our Financial Aid for Military and Veterans and our Veterans Tuition Policy pages for more information on funding your education.
  • For additional information, visit the Office of Financial Aid, which is located in the Betty Jo Hodges Student Services Complex, give us a call at (870) 633-4480, ext. 225, or email . You may also visit our Financial Aid Frequently Asked Questions page at FAQs

Step 3: Veterans, Advising, and Registration

  • Students must notify the VA School Certifying Official (SCO), Ms. Janice Wallace, of their intent to attend courses and provide copies of the following forms:
    • Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
    • Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) - Reserve/National Guard only
    • DD-214
    • VA file number-for dependent students only
    • VA Form 22-1995 (Request for Change of Program or Place of Training), if necessary
    • Copy of schedule

Veteran Responsibilities:

In order to comply with the laws governing the GI BILL®, it is your responsibility as a student to notify the School Certifying Official (SCO) of your status with East Arkansas Community College (EACC).

It is imperative that you meet with the SCO at the beginning of each semester that you register for courses to complete the necessary paperwork to receive your veteran education benefit.

The student must inform the SCO with any changes to their record, class schedule, or change of major.

The student must complete VA form 22-1995 (Request for Change of Program or Place of Training), if necessary.

VA education benefits may be terminated if compliance with college policies and procedures and VA regulations are not met.

VA School Certifying Official (SCO) Responsibilities:

Serve as the Academic Advisor to all veteran students who have applied for VA educational benefits and who have been approved by the Veteran's Administration to receive monthly VA education benefits.

Certify veterans and their dependents for VA educational benefits. 

Monitor veteran students to make certain that they are making satisfactory academic progress and that they enroll in courses that are required for them to complete their educational objective(s).

Check veteran students' enrollment course loads at least once each week during any particular semester (fall, spring, and summer).

Give a thirty days' notice to the Veterans Administration (using VA Once) if there is a reduction in veteran students' credit hours or if there is an increase that would affect monthly VA educational benefits.

The School Certifying Official (SCO) is Ms. Janice Wallace. She is located in Office 104 of the Betty Jo Hodges Student Services Complex. She may be reached at (870) 633-4480 or

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available here.

East Arkansas Community College

Social Media Hub