1) Dare to step outside your comfort zone. It will be scary but you will grow! Growing is hard, so be sure you rely on tip 2.
2) Don't be afraid to ask for help. EACC has a significant amount of resources designed to support online learning. If you experience difficulty in your courses due to technology, reach out to your instructor immediately. If you are experiencing problems related to accessing online learning technology, contact Distance Learning. For other concerns not related to academics or technology, email Care.
3) Be deliberate in choosing a study space. Return to that space. Make that space yours. It doesn't have to be big, it just has to be a place where you feel safe.
4) Time Management - Plan out the remainder of your semester (even if that's only another 3 weeks). Use your course syllabus to transfer all course assignment dates to your student calendar in the myEACC student portal.
5) Stay focused on your goal(s). You started college for a reason, stay focused on your future and remember that every day we strive to be a better version of ourselves.
6) It is alright to make mistakes. Do not let one missed assignment derail your entire semester. Allow yourself forgiveness while also pushing yourself toward your goals.
7) Online learning is challenging, but communication is key. If you miss an assignment or fall behind, contact your instructor immediately and explain what happened.
8) Make sure your contact information is up-to-date in the registrar's office Admissions. You can ensure your contact information is correct by logging into myEACC.