1. What is the Career Pathways Initiative?
The Arkansas Career Pathways Initiative is a program that enables your local two-year college to offer those who qualify career training and college classes.
2. What are the eligibility requirements for the Career Pathways Program?Please respond to the following questions:
- Are you in default on a government loan? If the answer is yes, you are not eligible for Career Pathways. If the answer is No…
- Do you have a child age 21 or under which lives in your home. If the answer is no; then you do not qualify for Career Pathways. If the answer is Yes….
- Are you currently receiving TEA or Work Pays or are you a former TEA or TANF recipient? If the answer is Yes, you do qualify to be a part of Career Pathways. If the answer is No…
- Are you receiving Food Stamps, Medicaid, or AR Kids? If the answer is Yes, you do qualify to be a part of Career Pathways. If the answer is No……
- Is your income below the 250% poverty level? (About $50,250 annually for a family of three. Career Pathways has a chart for other income levels). If the answer is Yes, you do qualify to be a part of the Career Pathways Initiative. If your answer is No…You do not qualify for the Career Pathways Initiative.
3. What are some of the benefits I may be able to receive as a participant in the program?
- Tuition/fees (To be determined by the director)
- Child care assistance
- Textbooks from the Lending Library
- Classroom supplies
- Transportation Assistance (gas vouchers)
- Career Counseling
- Employability Training
4. What are some reasons for possible denial into the program?
- Very poor academic history
- Student on academic suspension by the college
5. What do I need to do in order to enroll in the Career Pathways Program?
Go to EACC Office Building 3 and talk with one of the staff about the program and pick up an application form. The Office Hours are: 8:00 a.m. -4:30 p.m. – Monday – Friday; or you may call 870-633-4480 Ext. 358 for more information.