Minority Male Assistance Program
East Arkansas Community College’s primary focus is a commitment to learning by educating and preparing students to become responsible citizens and contributing members of society. With this in mind the Minority Male Assistance Program (M-MAP) is designed to assist in the retention of the minority males at the institution. The program provides:
- Tutoring Assistance
- Self-Help Seminars / Workshops
- Cultural Enrichment Activities
- Leadership Training
- Academic Monitoring
The Minority Male Assistance Program (MMAP) was established in 2001 to assist in the retention of the minority males at the institution, targeting first time entering freshmen.
- Provide participants with academic monitoring that includes faculty assessments and monthly meetings with program advisors.
- 2. Provide supportive counseling and cultural enrichment activities to participants to enhance the educational pursuits.
- 3. Encourage participants to “Dress for Success” each week, dressing in business attire in order to increase self-esteem, leadership, and motivate each male.
- 4. Provide a resource guide for personal, social, and mental health issues.
- 5. Provide participants with “self-help” seminars / workshops designed to offer the information needed to succeed in college and life, seeking to make participants self-sufficient contributing members of society.
Minority Male Assistance Program (M-MAP)
Office of Recruitment / Student Activities
1700 Newcastle Rd. Forrest City, AR 72335
Roni Farrin / Melvin Tinsley
(870) 633-4480 ext. 306/232 FAX (870) 633-7222