Email Forwarding Instructions
Users wishing to create a new forward to send their EACC e-mail to an external mail server will need to complete the following steps within Outlook Web Access:
1. Log in to Outlook Web Access at https://webmail.eacc.edu/owa
2. In the Upper right corner of the OWA page, you will find a Options button in the Navigation Pane. Click it to proceed to the Create an Inbox Rule configuration screen.
3. Click the "New..." button near the top of the page to create a new rule. A new "Edit Rule" window will open. You may name this rule anything you like, or leave the rule name blank.
4. Leave all fields set to their default and choose the radio button for "Forward it to".
5. In the text box following "Forward it to" fill in the full e-mail address which you would like your e-mail forwarded to.
Caution 1: A typo in the address can cause your mail to disappear forever. EACC cannot recover mail sent to an external Internet Service Provider.
Caution 2: Closing an account to which you are forwarding will cause your email to disappear forever. EACC's systems do not know when you close an account so they will still attempt to send your messages to the address you provided.
(Note: EACC cannot be held responsible for any lost or misdirected mail due to e-mail forwarding. Please be aware of your e-mail hosting service's procedures and policies prior to establishing an e-mail forwarding rule. EACC does not force users to forward their mail to an external Internet Service Provider, and users choose to forward their mail at their own discretion.)
6. Be sure the uncheck the "Keep a copy in my Inbox" option or your EACC e-mail Inbox may fill up with messages preventing any mail from forwarding to your external mailbox.
7. If you are concerned about your rule sets already in place, please contact the CEC for assistance. Most users will not be affected by this issue and may simply click OK to bypass the warning.
8. You may receive a warning about enabling this rule for every message you receive. Click OK.
9. In the Rules configuration window, click "Save and Close"
10. You may now click the "Sign Out " button to end your OWA session.