Once an applicant has been accepted to East Arkansas Community College’s Associate of Applied Science Occupational Therapy Assistant Program, the candidate must:
- Accept in writing by the date indicated on the acceptance letter
- Obtain CPR certification. Certification must be American Heart Association Healthcare Provider and include Adult, Child, Infant, Conscious, Unconscious, and Choking. Certification must be obtained prior to registration and must remain current for the entire program of study.
- Have the following required immunizations with statement of proof:
a. Hepatitis B (The first shot in a series of three must be completed prior to registration
or a waiver must be signed. Shots #2 and #3 must be completed as prescribed.)
b. Tetanus (Must be within the last 10 years)
c. Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
d. Tuberculin Test (TB). Proof of a current, negative TB skin test (within the last
12 months) or a negative chest x-ray is a requirement for registration.
- Submit proof of health insurance.
- Complete Criminal Background Check and Drug Screening process.